Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Spring time


There are only a few more weeks of school and after that we have a nice, long summer vacation to look forward to. When I grew up this was usually my favorite time of the year. Spring had arrived, the trees were green, everything was in blossom, it was getting warmer, the evenings lighter, and there was a general feel of mellowing out, taking it slow and hanging out.
But since moving to Norcal, where we have no seasons, just different shades of fog and sometimes rain, I don't get that feeling of excitement and anticipation, mostly because I forget what time it is, there are no daffodils to remind me....


There are so many things I love about living out here, but clearly defined seasons are one of the things I miss the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment