Monday, March 9, 2009

Some things we argue about

I take the kids for the day so that he can off cross all the things on the DIY-list that's been hanging on the family notice-board for as long as I can remember.
When I come back, hours and hours later, it's all done, every single thing, but one of the shelves that he's hung isn't straight and of course, that's the first thing I comment on.
- It looks bad. We need to re-do it.
- We? he says. I don't have any more screws, I used them all.
- Great. It's never gonna get done, is it?
He storms off, angry that I haven't mentioned all the other things that he did, and did right. I'm angry because everything in my house looks like it lives in the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

1 comment:

  1. You and me both. But even when I comment on the other things first he doesn't seem to notice, he only sees/hears what was not quite OK. Odd...

    ReplyDelete