Monday, April 5, 2010

The Mother Trap


My husband and I have started counseling to iron out some of the stress-related issues we have, and we came to this conclusion: US is finally getting to me.
The overwhelming feeling of not being in control over my life is consuming me from the moment I wake up til the second I go to sleep at night. The fear of forgetting to do something, everything - the constant worry that my elaborately designed work-flow will collapse around me and that I will fail.
I have been caught up in the Mother-Trap, the very trap I have been writing about and heavily criticized for the last year.
This shall be continued....

2 comments:

  1. So do you think there is part of it that is just the US? Or what do you mean when you say that the US is finally getting to you?

    I think it's really hard to figure out which cultural differences are absolute, and which are just them doing the same things differently. I think there ARE some absolute differences, but I always hesitate to decide what they are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lotta, I will try and explain, but when I started to reply I suddenly figured it would be a blog-post in itself. I will write very soon!

    ReplyDelete