Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tell me what you think!


Speaking of autism, this advertising campaign is running across the UK prior to the general election. The mother behind the campaign (and the face on the picture) was interviewed on BCC's Woman's hour a few days ago and she said that unfortunately, two perky breasts was the only thing she could think off that she'd be sure would draw enough attention to the cause.

I feel very divided. In one way I think it is a bold and courageous statement, on the other hand I think it is a sad state of affair in the country of tabloids and page 3 models.
So what do you think?
Clever or just plain sexist?

2 comments:

  1. I think I am going to land on the side of clever this time. I think the text and image says, "I know this works, and it may be the only thing that works, but it's worth it. Do you feel foolish now?"

    And I think that;s OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lotta, I think that was exactly her intention judging from the interview - spot on! Given the country this is in, and having had some time to think about it - I think this is clever, far more than being sad and stereotypical.

    ReplyDelete