Monday, February 23, 2009

Let's forget about the last fifteen years of our lives




My friend of a friend (my FoF), who's husband has been cheating on her, is very anxious to keep the marriage going. She still loves him and want to fight for him. Most of all, she doesn't want her children to grow up in a broken home. He agrees to go to counseling together to talk some things through. Suddenly, in the therapist-room, he trows a bombshell.
- I have never been really happy in this relationship. It feels like you're suffocating me.
My FoF is going mad.
- The wedding, the children, moving in to our house. All of which should be the happiest day's in our life. And they made him more and more un-happy.

The incredible thing is that she is still willing to work through it. She cries, and screams, and goes through roller-coaster rides of emotions, but she's willing to take him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment