Saturday, February 21, 2009

Some things we argue about



In the middle of the night. I wake of up from Leo crying, not my husband. Always. He's a deep sleeper. Sometimes I kick him in the back until he wakes up, and then pretends to be sleeping when he comes to his senses. Just to even it out a bit. He can go back to sleep. I can't.
Last night there was no point. I was wide awake and might as well roll out of bed and in to Leo's room. He doesn't have a night-light, so it's dark, and I trip over something on the floor, and end up hurting both my toe, and my shin.
After settling Leo, I crawl back in to bed. My husband is now miraculously awake.
- Is he OK? he asks.
- Uh huh.
...
- And next time you out him to bed can you make sure to tidy away the f***** toys on the floor.
That does it. We're both wide awake, arguing like mad, at 2.30 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment