Monday, March 15, 2010

Not a great start to the week

So all four of Leo's pre school app's have now been rejected, and I am finding myself feeling zapped of energy. The hard work has not even begun yet.

I didn't realize I would take it as personally as I did, especially by the one pre school who's actually met Leo as they had a personal play assessment with him - what do they mean by rejecting him? How dare they? He's the sweetest, funniest, and most adorable boy ever, have they no shame??

Home schooling seems like the most likely option right now.
And potty training, of course.
And moving back to Europe.

2 comments:

  1. We can make the trip together if/when I run out of health insurance and no one will take me because I had cancer.

    I think what really sucks about some things here is that they reject you just because they can. It may be wrong, immoral, or what have you, but since these people are given the option of choosing, they do. And then they think it's normal.

    It will work out, mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lotta, thank you - I agree with you 100%, and also: you have me backing you 110 if or when you have to fight that battle! I'll be there.
    It is as it is with everything in this country, if it works out, you're on top of the world in the land of gold and plenty, but if it doesn't work out, you're basically screwed.
    I am taking deep breaths, and re-charging, and re-adressing again tomorrow. Tonight is for a glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete